I need to be open to change - to changes that are drastic and lively. I'm excited. I want things to start moving forward. I feel determination in my bones.
In other news, here's what has been going on with me:
School has been keeping me insanely busy lately. Almost every morning, as soon as the library opens, you can find me gracing the front tables with my presence. I plop down with weary eyes, a book, and a cup of joe in hopes of getting ahead of the game. Then, after I get off of work, I grab a quick dinner and head back to the library until around 10 or 11pm. Grand. I honestly am doing well in school, and I pride myself in that fact. But, it's draining.
Yoga has been a pleasure recently, though. As much as I have to drag myself there, I really enjoy the benefits I feel later. Today's class was so superb. I felt something that I have never felt before.. I was awakened in different ways, and finally felt that connection to myself that my instructor always speaks of. Maybe that's why I have the charge toward life that I do today.
New Zealand is fast approaching and I'm so excited. I'm learning more and more about the trip, and am re-reading my "Culture Shock!: New Zealand" book to prepare myself.
I get to go to...

... The Franz Josef Glacier. How rad is that?!
I'm also becoming quite the book junkie. Which is quite appropriate considering I'm an English major. However, my lovely bookshelf (which is actually a ladder that I crafted into a bookshelf, and I'm in love with it) is becoming ever so full. I need more book-storing space.
As much as I thought the Internet was a distraction, I don't think anything could have prepared me for the distracting powers of StumbleUpon. I've found SO many neat sites and interactives from this damn thing. Some of my faves are below:
Save the Words allows you to "adopt a word," which by doing so you vow to use it in every day conversation. It's pretty hilarious: click
Seaquence is a website that allows you to create a musical specimen. That's all I can really say about it. You create a little creature in a petri dish that grows based upon the musical notes that you add to it. It's so nifty. And addicting: click
StumbleUpon also links you to blogs, pictures, videos, and other sorts of goodies.
It pulled me in to this blog that has Minimalist Movie Posters, which are quite funny: click
Another favorite is 8track.com. You can sign up, make playlists, and share them with the world. I've found some real gems.
That's all for now. I've got to get back to reading. The world is a good place today.

No comments:
Post a Comment