Sunday, October 3, 2010

Relaxed.

I find myself checking Blogger quite often, reading other's posts, and then exiting out. Blogger has joined the ranks of all my abandoned diaries. (Funny video about abandoned diaries right here. I love this girl's videos. The majority of things she talks about I have previously found myself wondering about.)

So what is new in the world of Susanne...

This week marks week 6 of the term. Which, I do declare, is absolutely nuts. Many of my friends who are at state schools just wrapped up week 1. I'm kind of glad that I'm already so far into the term, though. Classes are going really well, and I'm kicking ass at school. My senior seminar for English is proving to be a bit taxing... reading a novel a week, plus a paper, plus presentations, plus taking away my time to sleep. While I know that I signed up for it, and as an English major I shouldn't be complaining, it's frustrating that the work load is so heavy. I'm a senior, I'm taking classes that all seniors take, yet each professor treats their class as if its the only one I'm enrolled in. Come on! Tone down the work load. I like to breathe and eat, and maybe even have the time to say hello to a friend!

As much as I've said this before, the people here at Linfield are spectacular. Last night proved that: I made some brownies and a mix CD, took them over to my buddy Greg's apartment, we played darts, and solved a crossword puzzle, and then that concluded my Saturday night. Low key things like that with people I love is what I long for. It makes my life easier and less stressful to know that I can take a study break (yes, I was studying on a Saturday night) and not be judged for not being inebriated and out at the frats.

I did this crossword all by myself within the last half hour.
Go me! I'm usually more of a word search girl.


Work has been rough lately. I'm dealing with people's power struggles, poor leadership and delegation, and a program that I should be running, but I'm not. Oh well. It's for the kids, and I love the kids I see every day. They make me laugh, they laugh with (more like at) me when I lose at wall-ball, and give me a lot of energy to find the happier moments in life.

I had my first meeting for New Zealand a couple weeks ago! I'm going there with 10 other people for study abroad during January Term, and we got the itinerary for the trip. Very detailed, too. Down to knowing that on the first Thursday we're there, we have a tea break from 11-11:30. We also get to go to the Franz Josef Glacier, swim with three to four HUNDRED dolphins, listen to a seminar about NZ rugby culture (!), and various other goodies. I'm SO excited.

I also recently found out that I've been accepted into Linfield's education honor society - Kappa Delta Pi. Woo-hoo!

In sad news, my oldest sister is moving to California. She already lives 5 hours away, and now she'll be living 11 hours away. So plane tickets will be necessary, meaning saving money for said ticket will be necessary, which means I'll be hurting quite often/won't be seeing her or my niece very often.

I'm getting distracted and acquiring a mild case of ADD while I write this... So instead, I'm going to list things that I've enjoyed recently:
cranberry mandarin scented candles
Mumford & Sons
fuzzy socks
Water for Elephants
tea
Canadian literature (thank you, senior seminar...)
pinecones
my toolbox
researching New Zealand
sleeping
feathers
study sessions
baking things for other people
waking up early
daily long walk/runs
riding my bike to the grocery store
eggs, toast and coffee for breakfast
sourdough bread

And distraction is overwhelming. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Mumford is awesome. You are a breath of fresh air. California equals a visit for Sarah. Don't abandon blogger: I miss you. Also, please give me your address so that I may write to you.

    All my love.

    ReplyDelete