- I was electrocuted; which, consequently, caused the electricity in my house to stop working.
- The water heater in my house caught fire, blew up, and flooded.
- I got an 'A' on a math midterm, Shakespeare paper, and children's literature exam.
- I inherited a Betta fish.. he still needs a name. I'm thinking Hamlet.
- Made a late night dinner with an amazing little group of folks. Seriously, it was superb.
- Made new friends.
- Put a new perspective on the way things are going for me.
- Was recommended and loaned a primo selection of books and poetry.- Discovered a job that I am 98.89% sure I will get.
- Secured finances to go to New Zealand for sure.
- Received my first U.S. Passport.
- Partially dislocated my shoulder by pushing a child on a swing.
- Have hung out with my mom more in the last 5 days than I have in the last month. Which is completely wonderful, I love her dearly.
There's a multitude of other things, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.
Something random that has been on my mind lately, and that has truly been bothering me, is my seemingly lagging vocabulary. At my old college, I managed to sound extremely eloquent and intelligent in my speech. Here, I feel as though my smarts have been washed over by a wave of extremely scholarly folks. I find myself racking my brain for the perfect three-syllable word, and then this quote hits me:
"Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood." - William Penn
I need to tattoo that on my eyelids. I am smart. I am well spoken. I am capable of forming a sentence.
There are three more weeks left in the term, and I'm oh-so-very ready for them to pass by without a word. Unfortunately, term projects and papers loom over me. It's strange to me that another school year is coming to a close. It feels like I just got to my new school. It's unfortunate, too, because I finally have found myself being completely 100% happy with it here. I finally have a solid and inspirational group of friends that I genuinely love to see on a day-to-day basis. They push me to think deeper, find more passions, and enkindle others. I'm excited for summer adventures, and seeing these people more.
Sleepiness is quite an overwhelming feeling...

No comments:
Post a Comment